IMPORTANT SUMMARY INFORMATION
Before you purchase your tickets for the AIG Women’s Open 2021 at Carnoustie (the "WO"), it is important that you read and understand these Ticket Terms and Conditions. In particular, we want to draw your attention to the following:
All ticket types, including ‘Kids Go Free’ Junior Tickets, are subject to availability, and cannot be issued either in advance or at the WO once a day has sold out (see Section A for further details on buying your tickets).
You may be entitled to a refund if the WO is cancelled prior to its commencement, if play is cancelled or suspended during your visit to the WO, or if you change your mind within 48 hours of your purchase (provided this is before 18 August 2021). Tickets are non-refundable in all other circumstances (see Section B for further details on refunds).
No Re-sale of Tickets
Re-sale of tickets above face value or advertisement of tickets for sale is restricted. This includes the ticket being bundled with any other goods or services (e.g. accommodation, travel, hospitality, golf tee times) and selling on without the permission of The R&A.
It is important to us that as many tickets as possible for the WO are sold at a price that is affordable to a greater number of consumers and we are concerned about the inflated prices that tickets can be sold for on the secondary ticket market. For this reason, we have decided to prohibit the re-sale of tickets in certain circumstances. This means that if you sell your ticket to someone else for commercial gain or at a higher price than face value, or advertise it for sale, we may cancel or void that ticket (see Section F for further details on using your tickets).
DETAILED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Ticket Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions that apply between (i) you as a purchaser of tickets for the WO and, where you are not the purchaser of tickets for the WO, to you as a holder of a ticket for the WO (referred to as "you" or "your") and (ii) us, R&A Championships Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA ("The R&A", "we" or "us").
SECTION 1: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
A. Buying Tickets
1. Subject always to availability, tickets can be purchased in the following ways:
(a) At the entry gate of the WO on such days of the WO as we may allow ("In Person Sales");
(b) On our website (www.aigwomensopen.com) ("Internet Sales");
(c) By telephone (see paragraph I.6 below for contact details) ("Telephone Sales"); or
(d) By mail order (see paragraph I.6 below for contact details) ("Mail Order Sales").
2. We offer three categories of ticket based on age. These categories and the eligibility requirements for these tickets are as follows:
|Adult||25 years of age or over on 14 August 2021
|Youth (16-24 years)||The ticket holder must be aged between 16 and 24 years of age on 14 August 2021
|"Kids Go Free" Junior (under 16 years)||The ticket holder must be under 16 years of age on 14 August 2021
"Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets
3. Children under 16 years of age on 14 August 2021 cannot attend the WO unless accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)). Children under 16 years of age on the above date must have a "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket.
4. Requests for pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets can be made in advance by contacting The R&A Ticket Office on +44(0)1334 460010 or email@example.com Requests for "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets can also be made online, but please be aware that this will be subject to a maximum of 2 per accompanying adult. All requests for "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets must be submitted by a responsible adult who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)) or is purchasing such a ticket at the same time as requesting the "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket. That adult must accompany the Junior while in attendance at the WO.
5. A Junior who arrives at the WO without a pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket, but who is accompanied by a responsible adult who holds or purchases a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)), can be admitted free of charge on the day provided that (i) tickets for that day of the WO have not sold out, and (ii) the "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket is collected at the entry gates of the WO.
6. For In Person Sales, tickets can only be purchased for individuals who are present at the time of purchase.
7. Your purchase of tickets will be completed when we deliver the tickets to you. This may be by email, post or in person (for example, by handing you your tickets at the entry gate).
8. The R&A reserves the right to choose to accept or reject your order whether for all or any number of the tickets requested. In the case of an order being rejected in whole or in our part, you will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable. Except in relation to In Person Sales, such notification may not be received until we have had an opportunity to complete all pre-despatch ticket checks. Our failure to notify you of the rejection of your order in whole or in part does not mean that your order has been accepted.
9. The R&A will accept no responsibility for, or offer any refunds for, loss arising as a result of any incorrect information provided by you at the time of purchase, unless this is due to our error.
Cancellation of your order
1. If, after you have placed your order, you wish to withdraw or cancel your order then you may do so by informing us no later than 48 hours after your purchase. The right to cancel tickets set out in this paragraph B.1 must be exercised no later than 18 August 2021. You will not be entitled to cancel your order or be entitled to a refund after that date. If you withdraw or cancel your order within these timeframes, we shall reimburse the payment made by you within 30 days of receiving: (i) your notification that you wish to cancel your order, and (ii) where ticket(s) have been despatched to you, the unused ticket(s). Return of the ticket(s) to us is at your own cost and you will be responsible for the returned ticket(s) during transit.
Ticket Refunds for Suspended Play or Cancellation
2. If the WO is cancelled after its commencement or play on the day(s) to which your ticket relates is suspended, you shall be entitled to a refund of the cost of the ticket(s) (excluding any postage or packaging) based on the following criteria:
|Total Hours Course Available for Play||Refund Due
|Zero||100% refund in respect of that day's ticket cost
|less than 5 hours||50% refund in respect of that day's ticket cost
If the course is open and available for play for 5 hours or more on a day, no refund shall be due in respect of that day. In calculating the number of hours the course is open and available for play on a particular day, each day will be considered to have commenced when play begins that day, and will end when play finishes for the day.
3. Refunds due to cancellation or suspension of play do not apply to multi-day tickets.
4. For the purpose of calculating refunds under paragraph B.2 above, the number of hours the course is open and available for play will be timed by The R&A Rules Department and its decision on timings shall be final. Information on this decision will be put on the WO website (www.aigwomensopen.com). This right of refund for cancellation of play lasts for four months after the WO has ended.
5. In the event of cancellation of the WO prior to its commencement, you will be entitled to a full refund for the cost of your ticket(s) (excluding the cost of any postage or packaging). Refunds will be available in accordance with the refund process communicated by The R&A following any cancellation.
6. You have no rights in the event of cancellation of the WO, or suspension of play, other than a refund for the ticket (excluding the cost of any postage or packaging) calculated in accordance with paragraph B.2 or payable pursuant to paragraph B.5. If you purchase a ticket for play on a Sunday, this does not guarantee that Sunday's play will be the final round of the WO.
7. Where you are requesting a refund due to cancellation or suspension of play and have purchased tickets in person at the WO, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, email address, contact address, contact telephone number and attach a scanned copy of your ticket(s) as proof of purchase. Alternatively, you can write to The R&A at the address given at paragraph I.6 below, enclosing the above details and your original ticket(s) as proof of purchase. Refund requests must be received by The R&A by 30 September 2021. Return of the ticket(s) to us is at your own cost and you will be responsible for the returned ticket(s) during transit. Please note that any tickets bought through authorised agents must be returned to the agent, rather than to The R&A.
8. The R&A shall retain ownership of all tickets issued to you under these terms and conditions, and your tickets may be recalled by The R&A at any time. Where such a recall takes place, The R&A will issue a full refund to you or provide replacement tickets.
1. Prices quoted are in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of applicable VAT (VAT Registration Number: 827 8424 04), but exclusive of any postage or packaging.
2. For In Person Sales, payment in full must be made at the time you order the tickets in accordance with paragraph C.4 below.
3. For Internet Sales, Telephone Sales and Mail Order Sales, payment in full must be made prior to despatch of the ticket(s) in accordance with paragraph C.4 below.
4. We will process an order where payment is made using MasterCard® or Visa®. We will also accept cash payments for In Person Sales. If your payment is rejected, then we will notify you and your order will not be fulfilled and we have the discretion not to fulfil or process any other order received from you.
SECTION 2: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
D. Our Liability to You
1. If we are in breach of these terms and conditions, we will not be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result, unless the losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or where it could be contemplated by you and us at the time you purchased your tickets.
2. The R&A will not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any loss or damage to property incurred at the WO, unless the loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit any rights you may have which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall these terms and conditions exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or breach of duty.
E. Your Safety
1. Whilst The R&A is committed to ensuring that proper safety precautions are in place to try to prevent injury to spectators, you acknowledge the risk of injury whilst attending the WO, despite such precautions being taken, including being struck by a golf ball, and you agree that you are assuming all risk and danger arising from your attendance at the WO. The R&A will not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any injury, loss or damage suffered by you at the WO unless this injury, loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty. You should therefore be alert at all times to the golf being played in your vicinity including the direction of play, any instructions from marshals (e.g. flags advising of the direction in which a player's shot has been struck) and any warnings issued on the course (e.g. a warning shout of "Fore") to try to prevent injury to you.
2. You must at all times follow the instructions of the WO officials, marshals and/or security personnel.
F. Use of Tickets
1. A ticket shall become void and you shall have no right to attend the WO nor be entitled to a refund or any compensation where in the reasonable opinion of The R&A your ticket:
(a) is to be or has been used in an unauthorised manner as a prize or in any other manner in a lottery or competition or for any other promotional, advertising or commercial purpose not specifically authorised by The R&A in writing;
(b) is to be or has been sold, donated, transferred or in any way disposed of to any person/entity for the purpose of commercial gain or is to be or has been sold at a higher price than its face value;
(c) has been purchased or obtained from a person/entity who is not an authorised agent;
(c) is advertised for sale or transfer;
(d) has been purchased in conjunction with any other goods or services, e.g. hospitality package or travel, which have not been authorised by The R&A.
2. Unless The R&A has agreed otherwise in writing, any transfer or purported transfer of any ticket by you in any manner set out in paragraph F.1 above shall constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
3. Please do not post pictures of your ticket on social networking sites. People may use the details and offer them for sale online to defraud/attempt to defraud third parties into buying them. This may result in ticket holders encountering difficulties when attending the WO.
4. If we reasonably believe that you have been involved in fraudulent activity relating to your ticket(s), we may pass your details to the police or other relevant authority.
G. Attendance at the AIG Women’s Open
1. Mobile phones and personal cameras are permitted at the WO, subject to the following conditions:
(a) no still photography of play is permitted on Championship days. Personal cameras (including cameras in mobile phones and other devices) may only be used on practice days. No professional cameras or video cameras or any photographic equipment used for commercial purposes will be permitted at the WO;
(b) no audio or video capture is permitted at any time;
(c) all mobile phones must be on "SILENT" mode at all times without the "VIBRATE" option activated. Calls must be placed or received in approved designated areas, referred to as "Mobile Device Zones"; and
(d) data use (e.g. texting, email and website access) is permitted, however, the device volume must be muted at all times. Mobile phones, cameras, other electronic devices, communication devices, audio-visual equipment or radios must not be used to capture, supply or transmit data or other information for any commercial purpose (including, for example, betting or gambling) or assisting for these purposes.
2. Rules governing the use of mobile phones, cameras, video, sound or image recorders, personal digital assistants and other electrical communication devices shall be posted at the entry gates. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
3. Use of global positioning systems, including without limitation transponder and/or receiver equipment, or similar positioning, tracking or measurement devices shall not be permitted at the WO.
4. When asking for autographs, you must always respect the players, other spectators, the WO officials, marshals and/or security personnel. Unless the player has given you permission, you must not solicit autographs from players outside of the designated autograph zones. Autographs obtained at the WO must not be used for any commercial purpose.
5. Rules governing pets will be posted on our website (www.aigwomensopen.com) as will our list of items which are not permitted at the WO. In addition any item which in the reasonable opinion of The R&A could potentially harm, or cause alarm to, attendees at the WO will not be allowed at the WO.
6. It will be considered by us to be a breach of these terms and conditions if you have at the WO any objects or clothing bearing commercial identification which The R&A have reason to believe is intended for "ambush marketing" or other unauthorised promotional purposes. We reserve the right to take appropriate action against anyone that we consider to be involved in "ambush marketing".
7. Where you, through your negligence or intentional or reckless act, cause damage or loss to The R&A or to any property at the WO (including, without limitation, the course or any equipment or facilities), you will be responsible for compensating the person who has suffered the loss or damage.
8. You may be removed from, or refused access to, the WO if, in the reasonable opinion of The R&A, your behaviour is, or could be considered to be dangerous, offensive, a nuisance or annoying to other spectators, players, the WO officials, marshals and/or security personnel. For example, if you appear to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs and/or are acting aggressively, or if you fail to obey any conditions of use, posted signs or instructions of the WO officials, marshals and/or security personnel. If you are refused admission to the WO under these circumstances you will be entitled to a full refund for your ticket. If you are removed from the WO under these circumstances after gaining entry you will not be entitled to a refund.
H. Junior and Youth Tickets
1. We reserve the right to request the holder of a pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket, or any person seeking to obtain a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket at the entry gate, to provide verification of their age and to refuse entry on using a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket if verification of their age is not provided on request.
2. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are the Junior's parent or guardian, you consent to these terms and conditions applying to your child. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are not their parent or guardian, you must obtain the consent of the child's parent or guardian for these terms and conditions to apply to such child. In each circumstance you are responsible for the supervision of that child during the event and for ensuring that they comply with these terms and conditions.
I. Additional Terms
1. You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions.
2. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
4. In agreeing to these terms and conditions and attending the WO, you consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience and/or, for security purposes, by any CCTV cameras and recordings at the WO. You also agree that we can utilise your image or likeness or the image or likeness of a member of your party in, or incidental to, any photograph or live or recorded television or in any other type of transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, and that you shall not be entitled to any compensation or credit. This may include use of footage and images for marketing purposes and includes footage and images broadcast or published by The R&A and by third party rights holders. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are their parent or guardian, you consent to their images being taken and used in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are not their parent or guardian, you must obtain the consent of the child's parent or guardian for the images of such child to be taken and used in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph.
5. If you are resident within the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the law of the country within the European Union in which you are resident and any dispute arising under this contract shall be referred to the relevant courts having authority in that country. If you are not resident in the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes relating to that contract shall be decided in the Scottish Courts.
6. All enquiries should be made to The R&A Ticket Office at: Tel: +44(0)1334 460010; or Email: email@example.com.