AIG Women’s Open 2021 Ticket Terms and Conditions
We have made a number of changes to these Ticket Terms and Conditions as a result of COVID-19. Further key information regarding the measures which will be implemented at the AIG Women’s Open in response to COVID-19 will be communicated to you prior to and during the AIG Women’s Open.
IMPORTANT SUMMARY INFORMATION
It is important that you read and understand these Ticket Terms and Conditions, which relate to your tickets for the AIG Women’s Open 2021 at Carnoustie (the "AIGWO"). By attending the AIGWO you will be deemed to have accepted these Ticket Terms and Conditions.
In particular, we want to draw your attention to the following:
We reserve the right to impose health and safety related protocols which spectators must comply with while attending the AIGWO, including but not limited to physical distancing measures, the use of face coverings, the requirement to provide contact details for NHS Scotland Test and Protect purposes and to undertake any testing that we might consider appropriate or that we might be required to perform. Spectators will also be required to complete pre-attendance COVID-19 protocols within the AIGWO Ticket app. Any spectators who refuse or fail to comply with such conditions may have their tickets cancelled, be refused entry or removed from the AIGWO.
We would encourage all spectators to take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of attendance, but this is not a mandatory requirement. All spectators who choose to attend the AIGWO do so in the knowledge that they may be exposed to and/or at increased risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease.
All ticket types, including ‘Kids Go Free’ Junior Tickets, are subject to availability, and cannot be issued once a day has sold out (see Section A for further details on buying your tickets).
You may be entitled to a refund if: (i) the AIGWO is cancelled or postponed prior to its commencement; (ii) play is cancelled or suspended during your visit to the AIGWO; (iii) the AIGWO is staged behind closed doors; (iv) the AIGWO is staged with reduced spectator numbers; or (v) you change your mind within 48 hours of your purchase (provided this is before 18 August 2021). Tickets are non-refundable in all other circumstances (see Section B for further details on refunds).
No Re-sale of Tickets
Re-sale of tickets above face value or advertisement of tickets for sale is restricted. This includes the ticket being bundled with any other goods or services (e.g. accommodation, travel, hospitality, golf tee times) and selling on without the permission of The R&A.
It is important to us that as many tickets as possible for the AIGWO are sold at a price that is affordable to a greater number of consumers and we are concerned about the inflated prices that tickets can be sold for on the secondary ticket market. Under the NHS Scotland Test and Protect initiative, we are also required to know who will be attending the AIGWO. For these reasons, the re-sale of tickets is not permitted except in limited circumstances. If you sell your ticket to someone else for commercial gain or at a higher price than face value, or advertise it for sale, we may cancel or void that ticket (see Section F for further details on using your tickets).
DETAILED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Ticket Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions that apply between (i) you as a purchaser of tickets for the AIGWO and, where you are not the purchaser of tickets for the AIGWO, to you as a holder of a ticket for the AIGWO (referred to as "you" or "your") and (ii) us, R&A Championships Limited, a company registered in Scotland under company number SC247047 and having its registered office at Beach House, Golf Place, St Andrews, Fife KY16 9JA ("The R&A", "we" or "us").
SECTION 1: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
A. Buying Tickets
1. Subject always to availability, tickets can be purchased:
a) On our website (www.aigwomensopen.com) ("Internet Sales");
b) By telephone (see paragraph I.6 below for contact details) ("Telephone Sales"); or
c) By mail order (see paragraph I.6 below for contact details) ("Mail Order Sales").
2. We offer three categories of ticket based on age. These categories and the eligibility requirements for these tickets are as follows:
|Adult||25 years of age or over on 14 August 2021|
| Youth (16-24 years)
||The ticket holder must be aged between 16 and 24 years of age on 14 August 2021|
|"Kids Go Free" Junior (under 16 years)
||The ticket holder must be under 16 years of age on 14 August 2021|
"Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets
3. Children under 16 years of age on 14 August 2021 cannot attend the AIGWO unless accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 18 who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)). Children under 16 years of age on the above date must have a "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket. Junior Tickets are subject to availability, and no more will be issued when tickets for that day are sold out.
4. Requests for pre-booked "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets must be made in advance by contacting The R&A Ticket Office on +44(0)1334 460010 or email@example.com. Requests for "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets can also be made online, but please be aware that this will be subject to a maximum of 2 per accompanying adult. All requests for "Kids Go Free" Junior Tickets must be submitted by a responsible adult who holds a valid course admission ticket (Adult or Youth (16-24 years)) or is purchasing such a ticket at the same time as requesting the "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket. That adult must accompany the Junior while in attendance at the AIGWO.
5. All tickets will be issued digitally through the AIGWO Ticket app.
6. Where you purchase and/or are allocated any ticket(s) which are for use by other people, you must transfer the ticket to each person who will be attending the AIGWO using the AIGWO Ticket app as soon as possible following your receipt of the ticket(s).
7. Each person attending the AIGWO will be required to have their own mobile ticket on their own device. You will not be allowed to enter the AIGWO without a valid mobile ticket. The only exceptions to this are: (i) Juniors (those under the age of 16) whose parent or guardian holds their "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket on the parent or guardian's mobile device; and (ii) those persons who do not own a mobile device that is compatible with the AIGWO Ticket app who will be required to complete a contact form at the on-site Ticket Office in order to comply with Test and Protect protocols, as well as any other health and safety related protocols implemented by The R&A before entry will be permitted to the venue.
8. You will not be permitted to enter the AIGWO using multiple tickets on a single mobile device, except where you are the parent or guardian of a Junior holding a "Kids Go Free" Junior Ticket on your device.
9. Where you are the purchaser of tickets, your purchase of tickets will be completed when we deliver the tickets to you. In most cases this will be via the AIGWO Ticket app (to your mobile phone). In limited circumstances this may be by email, by post or in person (for example, by handing out tickets at the on-site Ticket Office to ticket holders who do not own a mobile device that is compatible with the AIGWO Ticket app).
10. The R&A reserves the right to choose to accept or reject your order whether for all or any number of the tickets requested. In the case of an order being rejected in whole or in our part, you will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable. Such notification may not be received until we have had an opportunity to complete all pre-despatch ticket checks. Our failure to notify you of the rejection of your order in whole or in part does not mean that your order has been accepted.
11. The R&A will accept no responsibility for, or offer any refunds for, loss arising as a result of any incorrect information provided by you at the time of purchase, unless this is due to our error.
12. If tickets ordered by you become unavailable for any reason then you will be informed of this by The R&A. The R&A reserves the right to complete the transaction by issuing part of the total order, or to cancel it completely. In either event, you will be refunded for any ticket(s) ordered but not received and this will be the only liability that we have to you.
Cancellation of your order
1. If, after you have placed your order, you wish to withdraw or cancel your order then you may do so by informing us no later than 48 hours after your purchase. The right to cancel tickets set out in this paragraph B.1 must be exercised no later than 18 August 2021. You will not be entitled to cancel your order or be entitled to a refund after that date. If you withdraw or cancel your order within these timeframes, we shall reimburse the payment made by you within 30 days of receiving: (i) your notification that you wish to cancel your order, and (ii) where ticket(s) have been despatched to you, the unused ticket(s). Return of the ticket(s) to us is at your own cost and you will be responsible for the returned ticket(s) during transit.
Suspended Play or Cancellation during the AIGWO
2. If the AIGWO is cancelled after its commencement or play on the day(s) to which your ticket relates is suspended, you shall be entitled to a refund of the cost of the ticket(s) based on the following criteria:
|Total Hours Course Available for Play||Refund Due|
|Zero||= 100% refund in respect of that day's ticket cost|
|Less than 2 hours||= 50% refund in respect of that day's ticket cost|
3. If the course is open and available for play for 2 hours or more on a day, no refund shall be due in respect of that day. In calculating the number of hours the course is open and available for play on a particular day, each day will be considered to have commenced when play begins that day, and will end when play finishes for the day.
4. Refunds due to cancellation or suspension of play do not apply to multi-day or weekend tickets.
5. For the purpose of calculating refunds under paragraph B.2 above, the number of hours the course is open and available for play will be timed by The R&A Rules Department and its decision shall be final. Information on this decision will be published on the AIGWO website (www.aigwomensopen.com). This right of refund for cancellation of play lasts for four months after the AIGWO has ended.
Postponement prior to the AIGWO
6. In the event the AIGWO is postponed prior to its commencement and such postponement results in the AIGWO being held at Carnoustie at a later date than stated in these Ticket Terms and Conditions, The R&A will honour tickets for the re-scheduled dates of the AIGWO. If you do not wish to attend the AIGWO on such re-scheduled dates you must notify The R&A in writing of that fact as soon as possible. Upon receipt of such notification, The R&A may elect at its sole discretion to refund you for the cost of your ticket(s). Refunds will be available in accordance with the refund process communicated by The R&A following the date of postponement.
Cancellation prior to the AIGWO and Staging Behind Closed Doors
7. In the event the AIGWO is cancelled prior to its commencement and such cancellation results in the AIGWO being held at a venue other than Carnoustie, or in the event that the AIGWO is staged at Carnoustie behind closed doors with no public attendance, you will be entitled to a full refund for the cost of your ticket(s). Refunds will be available in accordance with the refund process communicated by The R&A following the date of cancellation or our decision to stage the AIGWO behind closed doors, as appropriate.
Reduced Spectator Numbers
8. In the event that, due to health and safety reasons, we can only admit a limited number of spectators to the AIGWO, The R&A may cancel your ticket(s). If we cancel your ticket(s) in such circumstances, you will be entitled to a full refund for the cost of your ticket(s) in accordance with the refund process communicated by The R&A following the date of our decision. The R&A has absolute and sole discretion as to which tickets to cancel in a reduced capacity scenario.
9. You have no rights in the event of cancellation or postponement of the AIGWO, or suspension of play, or in the event that the AIGWO is staged behind closed doors or with reduced spectator numbers other than a refund for the ticket(s) calculated in accordance with paragraph B.2 or payable pursuant to paragraphs B.6, B.7, B.8 or E.2. If you purchase a Daily ticket for play on a Sunday, this does not guarantee that Sunday's play will be the final round of the AIGWO.
10. Refund requests must be received by the deadline date specified by The R&A in communications issued to ticket holders during the refund process. Please note that any tickets bought through authorised agents must be returned to the agent, rather than to The R&A.
11. The R&A shall retain ownership of all tickets issued to you under these Ticket Terms and Conditions, and your tickets may be recalled by The R&A at any time. Where such a recall takes place, The R&A will issue a full refund to you or provide replacement tickets.
1. Prices quoted are in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of applicable VAT (VAT Registration Number: 827 8424 04), but exclusive of any postage or packaging (if applicable).
2. Payment in full must be made prior to despatch of the ticket(s) in accordance with paragraph C.3 below.
3. We will process an order where payment is made using MasterCard® or Visa®. If your payment is rejected, then we will notify you and your order will not be fulfilled and we have the discretion not to fulfil or process any other order received from you.
4. The R&A shall not be responsible for any exchange rates, fees or charges levied by your bank or payment card provider.
SECTION 2: GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
D. Our Liability to You
1. If we are in breach of these Ticket Terms and Conditions, we will not be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result, unless the losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or where it could be contemplated by you and us at the time you purchased your tickets.
2. The R&A will not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any loss or damage to property incurred at the AIGWO, unless the loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty.
3. Nothing in these Ticket Terms and Conditions shall limit any rights you may have which are not capable of being lawfully excluded or limited, nor shall these Ticket Terms and Conditions exclude or restrict our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or breach of duty.
E. Your Safety
1. Whilst The R&A is committed to ensuring that proper safety measures are in place to try to prevent injury to spectators, you acknowledge the risk of injury whilst attending the AIGWO, despite such precautions being taken, including the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease and being struck by a golf ball, and you agree that you are assuming all risk and danger arising from your attendance at the AIGWO. The R&A will not be responsible for paying any compensation to you for any injury, illness, loss or damage suffered by you at the AIGWO unless this injury, illness, loss or damage was suffered as a result of our negligence or other breach of duty.
2. If at any point from 10 days prior to the commencement of the AIGWO you, a member of your household or someone with whom you have had close contact begins to experience any symptoms of COVID-19 (as listed here) please contact The R&A Ticket Office on +44 (0)1334 460010; or firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund. Public safety is paramount and it is imperative that you do not attend the AIGWO and put the health of other attendees at risk in this scenario.
3. You should be alert at all times to the golf being played in your vicinity including the direction of play, any instructions from marshals (e.g. flags advising of the direction in which a player's shot has been struck) and any warnings issued on the course (e.g. a warning shout of "Fore") to try to prevent injury to you.
4. You acknowledge that you are subject to and you agree to comply with the safety protocols applicable at the AIGWO, as issued and updated by The R&A and/or its safety advisers prior to and during the AIGWO by email, via the AIGWO Ticket app and/or displayed on our website (www.aigwomensopen.com).
5. You must at all times follow the instructions of the AIGWO officials, marshals and/or security personnel.
F. Use of Tickets
1. A ticket shall become void and you shall have no right to attend the AIGWO nor be entitled to a refund or any compensation where in the reasonable opinion of The R&A your ticket:
a) is to be or has been sold, donated, transferred or in any way disposed of to any person/entity for the purpose of commercial gain or is to be or has been sold at a higher price than its face value, other than as required under paragraph A.6 above;
b) has been purchased for re-sale along with any other goods or services, e.g. hospitality, travel, accommodation, golf tee times, from a person/entity who is not an authorised ticketing provider;
c) is advertised for sale or transfer; or
d) is to be or has been used in an unauthorised manner as a prize or in any other manner in a lottery or competition or for any other promotional, advertising or commercial purpose not specifically authorised by The R&A in writing.
2. Unless The R&A has agreed otherwise in writing, any transfer or purported transfer of any ticket by you in any manner set out in paragraph F.1 above shall constitute a breach by you of these Ticket Terms and Conditions.
3. Please do not post pictures of your ticket on social networking sites. People may use the details and offer them for sale online to defraud/attempt to defraud third parties into buying them. This may result in ticket holders encountering difficulties when attending the AIGWO.
4. Where The R&A, or its security contractors, have reasonable grounds to suspect that a ticket has been copied, re-sold by an unauthorised person or company, or has been altered in any way without the consent of The R&A, its security contractors may seize and retain that ticket and may refuse entry to the AIGWO where this is deemed appropriate.
5. If we reasonably believe that you have been involved in fraudulent activity relating to your ticket(s), we may pass your details to the police or other relevant authority.
G. Attendance at the AIG Women’s Open
1. Mobile phones and personal cameras are permitted at the AIGWO, subject to the following conditions:
a) no still photography of play is permitted on Championship days. Personal cameras (including cameras in mobile phones and other devices) may only be used on practice days. No professional cameras or video cameras or any photographic equipment used for commercial purposes will be permitted at the AIGWO;
b) no audio or video capture is permitted at any time;
c) all mobile phones must be on "SILENT" mode at all times without the "VIBRATE" option activated. Calls must be placed or received in approved designated areas, referred to as "Mobile Device Zones"; and
d) data use (e.g. texting, email and website access) is permitted, however, the device volume must be muted at all times. Mobile phones, cameras, other electronic devices, communication devices, audio-visual equipment or radios must not be used to capture, supply or transmit data or other information for any commercial purpose (including, for example, betting or gambling) or assisting for these purposes.
2. Rules governing the use of mobile phones, cameras, video, sound or image recorders, personal digital assistants and other electrical communication devices shall be posted at the entry gates. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
3. Use of global positioning systems, including without limitation transponder and/or receiver equipment, or similar positioning, tracking or measurement devices shall not be permitted at the AIGWO.
4. When asking for autographs, you must always respect the players, other spectators, the AIGWO officials, marshals and/or security personnel. Unless the player has given you permission, you must not solicit autographs from players outside of the designated autograph zones. Autographs obtained at the AIGWO must not be used for any commercial purpose.
5. Rules governing pets will be posted on our website (www.aigwomensopen.com) as will our list of items which are not permitted at the AIGWO. In addition any item which in the reasonable opinion of The R&A could potentially harm, or cause alarm to, attendees at the AIGWO will not be allowed at the AIGWO.
6. It will be considered by us to be a breach of these Ticket Terms and Conditions if you have at the AIGWO any objects or clothing bearing commercial identification which The R&A have reason to believe is intended for "ambush marketing" or other unauthorised promotional purposes. We reserve the right to take appropriate action against anyone that we consider to be involved in "ambush marketing".
7. Where you, through your negligence or intentional or reckless act, cause damage or loss to The R&A or to any property at the AIGWO (including, without limitation, the course or any equipment or facilities), you will be responsible for compensating the person who has suffered the loss or damage.
8. You may be removed from, or refused access to, the AIGWO if, in the reasonable opinion of The R&A, your behaviour is, or could be considered to be dangerous, offensive, a nuisance or annoying to other spectators, players, the AIGWO officials, marshals and/or security personnel. For example, if you appear to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and/or are acting aggressively, or if you fail to obey any conditions of use, posted signs or instructions of the AIGWO officials, marshals and/or security personnel. If you are refused admission to the AIGWO under these circumstances you will be entitled to a full refund for your ticket. If you are removed from the AIGWO under these circumstances after gaining entry you will not be entitled to a refund.
9. Ticket Transfers: You must not transfer your Weekend or Daily ticket to any other person during the course of a day’s play (or between days if you hold a Weekend ticket). If you hold a Weekly ticket, this may be transferred to another person but only between days, not during the course of a day's play. Nothing in this paragraph G.9 affects the requirement for tickets to be transferred in accordance with paragraph A.6 above. Tickets must be retained at all times and provided for inspection by security personnel as required.
H. Junior and Youth Tickets
1. We reserve the right to request age verification for Junior and Youth ticket holders and to refuse entry if verification of their age is not provided on request. This also applies to requests for these ticket types at the public Ticket Office at the AIGWO.
2. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are the Junior's parent or guardian, you consent to these Ticket Terms and Conditions applying to your child. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are not their parent or guardian, you must obtain the consent of the child's parent or guardian for these Ticket Terms and Conditions to apply to such child. In each circumstance you are responsible for the supervision of that child during the event and for ensuring that they comply with these Ticket Terms and Conditions.
I. General Ticketing Conditions
1. You may not transfer any of your rights under these Ticket Terms and Conditions.
2. If any provision of these Ticket Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Ticket Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
4. In agreeing to these Ticket Terms and Conditions and attending the AIGWO, you consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded for television, radio, webcast and other public broadcast in any medium and/or for any video or DVD as part of the audience and/or, for security purposes, by any CCTV cameras and recordings at the AIGWO. You also agree that we can utilise your image or likeness or the image or likeness of a member of your party in, or incidental to, any photograph or live or recorded television or in any other type of transmission or reproduction, in whole or in part, and that you shall not be entitled to any compensation or credit. This may include use of footage and images for marketing purposes and includes footage and images broadcast or published by The R&A and by third party rights holders. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are their parent or guardian, you consent to their images being taken and used in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph. Where you are the responsible adult accompanying a Junior for the purposes of that child obtaining a "Kids Go Free" Junior ticket and you are not their parent or guardian, you must obtain the consent of the child's parent or guardian for the images of such child to be taken and used in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph.
5. If you are resident within the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the law of the country within the European Union in which you are resident and any dispute arising under this contract shall be referred to the relevant courts having authority in that country. If you are not resident in the European Union then the contract between us shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and any disputes relating to that contract shall be decided in the Scottish Courts.
6. All enquiries should addressed to The R&A Ticket Office, The R&A, St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9JD, Scotland, UK; Tel: +44(0)1334 460010; or Email: email@example.com.